Art Forms & Theatre Concepts, Inc.’s mission is to produce works by respected playwrights detailing the African-American experience, while creating opportunities for members of the community interested in theater to have a professional environment to perform.
1) Produce 4 main stage productions per year
2) Conduct classes in acting for beginners and advanced students
3) Conduct annual workshops on theatre techniques
4) Serve as an alternative to the streets for the youth of our community
5) Introduce new works about the Lowcountry
Art Forms & Theatre Concepts, Inc. is supported in part by a major grant from the City of Charleston. Additional support is provided by Charleston County Council, the South Carolina Arts Commission, which receives funding from the National Endowment for the Arts, Gaylord and Dorothy Donnelley Foundation, MUSC, Berkeley Electric Cooperative and supporters like you.
The Board of Directors
Mattese C. Lecque, Chair
Emily-Elise Martin, Secretary
Cathedra Cross-Miller, Treasurer
Wanda J. Brown
The Honorable Miriam Green
Scott Watson Ex-Officio
Arthur L. Gilliard, Founding Artistic Director